31 May 2014
1: Dresses Complete!
2: 20 Monkeys Complete! I could have done more, but I had to work on those dresses.
3: Yarn complete! No photo of it, but he library does have the "Fizz! Boom! READ!" yarn for the year.
Well, I have a couple 1 inch stitcheries to make that aren't really on my goals list any more than feeding the kids but I'm going to stitch them!
And I need to get at least 30 monkeys done this month.
And I'm going to dive into the new bag of alpaca soon. That's going to be an adventure!
But I don't know what my real "goal" will be for the month, ALYoF wise. Hmm, We will see what happens.
30 April 2014
How did I do on April's Goals? Well...
1) My Picnic Quilt Top was finished on time! I didn't win but I did finish the top so in a way I guess I did win.
2) The Hoop for my Craftster Swap was finished almost 2 weeks late. Boo... but considering all of the life that happened last month I'm not too upset about it. I totally meant to take a picture of it, though, and totally spaced it until I was sending the Sent! message. There were lots of French knots!
3) Pillows! They are so done! This was my mail goal for the Lovely Year of Finishes party so Hurrah!
Here they are Quilted...
And here they are all bound up! I'm not going to send the pillow forms with them to SA because that would be way more expensive, but I am still going to donate them to the ALSA.
4) Monkeys: I just now finished up getting the rest of the monkeys into the Hooker Stage. So many! 6 full boxes of Hookers in my stair well.
5) The Temple Dresses did not get done. BUT I have another month to work on them so I'm not too upset. Like I mentioned, LOTS of life happened this month so it's cool if I missed 1 goal of 5.
80% is not bad for a month with that many of those kinds of goals, eh?
So what about May?
1) Temple Dresses! Yup, gonna get them done with month. And they will be my official "goal" for the month as well.
2) Monkeys: I need to get at least 20 monkeys done in May. At least. Hopefully my number will way surpass that but with how much life happened in April and how I am expecting to happen in May, I will be realistic. Included in that 20, however, needs to be at least 1 mini-monkey and the monkey for the Library's reading program.
3) Speaking of the reading program, my third and last goal for the month will be to finish this Yarn I've started that I want to donate to the library. The theme this year is "Fizz, Pop, Read" and is supposed to be a science theme. The shirts are going to be black with neon green so I'm designing another black yarn with neon bubbles. I've made I think 12oz of this yarn before and sent them to a friend in a personal swap, but that stuff had pink in it and this time I'm only going blue and green. I would omit the blue but I don't know if I have enough green to do the whole thing. The monkey I have planned is going to match the yarn.
Not too much for May. I think these 3 things are highly attainable, hopefully even surpass-able, and I'm excited to get started! But even if I don't get more done than I have set, even meeting all 3 of these I think will make me feel very successful.
01 April 2014
It's tempting to go ahead and link this into each of the week's but since I'm not posting each step as I finish I'll just link the last one. Here it is! I'm done with it! Now on to the other 4 goals of the month, and possibly a road trip and a new house mate. Wooo!
27 March 2014
So I finished my quilt for the ALSA Battle with Flowers Fiesta Event but not in time for this year. But they have the event every year so I will still be sending it in to them. I don't even get to go this year so it's just as well, right? It's always more satisfying to send stuff in when you get to go and see it up for auction and keep obsessively checking to see how much it is going for, right?
I'm not perfectly happy with the results of this quilt, but I did learn a lot. Every time I see it, though, all I see are my mistakes. *sigh*
It's all hand quilted, mostly by myself. I tell ya, at one point I just stopped mid-stitch and lay down in the sunshine on the floor with the dog. It sucked doing this all by myself with a deadline! I had a couple people come help but not enough, I say!
So there is my Lovely Finish for the Month of March. Now I will tell you my goals for April! I have lots of them! Lots of motivation to get them done, too. Here's the list:
Picnic quilt top: By Wednesday, Apr 2 I have to have this done in time to get entered into the drawing for the 4 $75 gift certificates. YES PLEASE! Thank you HQMelissa! I'm over a month behind, ugh. I can do it! Kids, leave me the hell alone until Wednesday, right?
Hoop: I am currently in a hoop swap and have to have this hoop done by April 14th. Have plans. We'll see how they pan out.
Temple Dresses for the girls: We were planning to get sealed next weekend in the San Antonio temple but plans have changed. Now we're shooting for the end of May, near our original wedding date. Yay! I still need to alter my wedding dress for it but more than that I want to make dresses for the girls, maybe a suit for the boy, but the dresses I want to have done by the end of April.
Pillows: To send with the quilt above to the auction next year I have 2 single blocks made that I am going to quilt and make into pillows! I'm not looking forward to it but my goal is to get them done by the end of April too. That's my official goal. I have the other 2 goals that have date but this one is officially my April ALYoF goal. Woo! Look, here's a picture of the blocks:
Monkeys: I sell sock monkeys at the farmer's market in the summer. I have well over 100 monkeys in different stages all around my house. Seriously, I was trying to keep them contained in the craft room but not only did we have to move lots of shtuff out of there because of upstairs plumbing issues, but there are so many monkeys I can't keep them all in there! Some are in the living room, some are in the "common area" outside the craft room, some are even in the ballroom stairwell! They are all in all stages from cut socks to finished monkeys, though I'll be honest: not very many are completely finished. My last goal for the month of April is to get them all at least to the Hooker stage, which is what I call them when they just need faces. Faceless bodies = hookers. So I have some to sew, some to stuff, and a bunch to assemble, my least favorite step. I want to start designing faces May 1st. That's the plan. I'm excited.
And those are my goals! I'm not allowed to start cleaning up my craft space, or the space outside of it, or the office, or work on anything else until those things are done. Let's hope I don't burn out first. ;)
04 March 2014
Remember this quilt from last summer? I'm getting it quilted! I hope to have it done by the 14th so I can send it off to be a part of the ALSA Fiesta Fund raiser auction in April. We got it started on Saturday. I don't know if I will make it by my deadline, but it will definitely be by before the end of the month. I also want to make some 24" matching pillows to send with it but we will see how that goes. So much going on this month!
I also have a rainbow party to throw for my Jo. Eep! It's so close!
I also need to get some dresses made for my girlies so we can go to the temple! I'M GETTING MARRIED! For real this time, y'all. Woo hoo!
17 February 2014
So following along with Melissa still.
I have about 2 more hours of trimming these babies, at about 20 minutes/star, but I may be done tonight. That really depends on how well the kids go down.
Still no camera battery charger, but hopefully the new one I ordered will be in in time for next week's assignment to be "turned in!"