17 November 2011

Broomstick Lace

So much for being a Family, blog, eh? I haven't even posted Halloween! It was awesome, FYI, even if I don't like Star Wars.
Today is TNT Thursday over at Happy Quilting Melissa. I tried something new this week! Broomstick lace. That's right. And I even used a broomstick. We were having a good discussion about it over on the Spun to Finished thread on Craftster and how anything that uses a broom is considered housework, right?

Here it is! A broomstick lace scarf. Not much, I mean it only used about 100 yards of yarn, HANDSPUN yarn in this case, but it is still New to me and when you TNT you need to start small, right? *snort* I need to remember that more often.



Don't miss the other New Things Tried on Happy Melissa this week!

8 comments:

  1. It is absolutely beautiful!! I love it!!! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I want to try this, sometime, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started knitting, I love the colors of this! Where do you get your yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scarf! I love the colors and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scarf - I really like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an effective pattern! Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for entering the giveaway on my blog! And I love that scarf! I always try to crochet, but mine never get finished ... mainly because they are VERY pathetic looking. Great job there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY like your scarf!!...the pattern and the colors. Did you mention that the yarn was handspun? did you spin the yarn? I'm just curious...because I lUV to spin fibers in to yarn. I'm always excited if I can meet another spinner...that does a bit of quilting too. =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete