30 April 2014

ALYoF: April Finishes/March Goals

How did I do on April's Goals? Well...

1) My Picnic Quilt Top was finished on time! I didn't win but I did finish the top so in a way I guess I did win.

2) The Hoop for my Craftster Swap was finished almost 2 weeks late. Boo... but considering all of the life that happened last month I'm not too upset about it. I totally meant to take a picture of it, though, and totally spaced it until I was sending the Sent! message. There were lots of French knots!

3) Pillows! They are so done! This was my mail goal for the Lovely Year of Finishes party so Hurrah! 
 Here they are Quilted...

 And here they are all bound up! I'm not going to send the pillow forms with them to SA because that would be way more expensive, but I am still going to donate them to the ALSA. 

4) Monkeys: I just now finished up getting the rest of the monkeys into the Hooker Stage. So many! 6 full boxes of Hookers in my stair well. 

5) The Temple Dresses did not get done. BUT I have another month to work on them so I'm not too upset. Like I mentioned, LOTS of life happened this month so it's cool if I missed 1 goal of 5. 

 80% is not bad for a month with that many of those kinds of goals, eh? 

So what about May?

1) Temple Dresses! Yup, gonna get them done with month. And they will be my official "goal" for the month as well. 

2) Monkeys: I need to get at least 20 monkeys done in May. At least. Hopefully my number will way surpass that but with how much life happened in April and how I am expecting to happen in May, I will be realistic. Included in that 20, however, needs to be at least 1 mini-monkey and the monkey for the Library's reading program.

3) Speaking of the reading program, my third and last goal for the month will be to finish this Yarn I've started that I want to donate to the library. The theme this year is "Fizz, Pop, Read" and is supposed to be a science theme. The shirts are going to be black with neon green so I'm designing another black yarn with neon bubbles. I've made I think 12oz of this yarn before and sent them to a friend in a personal swap, but that stuff had pink in it and this time I'm only going blue and green. I would omit the blue but I don't know if I have enough green to do the whole thing. The monkey I have planned is going to match the yarn.


Not too much for May. I think these 3 things are highly attainable, hopefully even surpass-able, and I'm excited to get started! But even if I don't get more done than I have set, even meeting all 3 of these I think will make me feel very successful. 

1 comment:

  1. that is a lot of goals but you seem to be a fast worker, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete